March 4, 2011

Review: ShopBop Purchases


To make good on my promise for a review, I'm back! Sad to say I was not too happy once I opened the box..

Rebecca Taylor Dress: Cute but huge and super see through. I do still like it so I am going to have it majorly altered and then have a lining added.

MinkPink Dress: Again, too big but it will be a simple alteration so I am definitely keeping this one. The fabric is not the best quality but it also wasn't a very expensive piece- I guess you really do get what you pay for.

T by Alexander Wang Shirt: Cute, comfy and what I expected so it was a keeper. FYI for anyone purchasing- it's pretty sheer.

Equipment Signature Blouse in Rose: Woah, horrible color in person. I was hoping for more of a soft, nude pink and instead it was more of a bright pink-peach. For some reason the quality of the buttons was really bugging me as well...

J Brand 10 Inch in White: Just no. Tried to make them work for 20 minutes and just wasn't feeling them. This sort of fabric tends to stretch out on me in .5 and then never looks as good as when first put on.

Final Verdict- 3 out of 5 are keepers but major alterations needed. I did do a little more shopping damage while out with my Mom this week but will give another review once everything arrives... Happy Friday Everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, If you are concerned with the RT dress being too sheer & are going thru the trouble to get a lining added, you should consider just getting the Coral Pom Pom print instead. I have a top in this print and it is NOT see-thru at all.

Dress here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod124550051&eItemId=prod124550051&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=&icid=&rte=%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Drebecca%252Btaylor%2526_requestid%253D18009

Andee Layne said...

thanks for the review was thinking about snagging that mink pink dress xo

Unknown said...

Too bad they all didn't work out. By the way, Just letting you know that I have passed on a blogger award to you! Here is the link!
http://jessicaseyeforstyle.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

Hannah said...

I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it so much. Great reviews from your purchases at Shopbop. I'm loving your outfits!
XOXO,
Hannah
www.hannahandbryan.blogspot.com

Christopher said...

did u buy all this online? i hate shopping online!!!! Even though it is addicting and so much fun, but you never know if it fits....then im too lazy to return. . .

Nicole said...

^ Yes all online at shopbop.com... I know it's a pain to return but a lot of time there is more of a selection online. It's addicting :) !

Christopher said...

love those spike shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do they come in mens size 13? cause i want a pair