February 11, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane...

Headed to NYC for the weekend to visit the BF for Valentine's Day and to see a fashion show (my first one)! Plans include shopping, a blow out at Blow Salon, dinner at Mercer Kitchen, brunch at Rosa Mexicano, visiting the MET museum, Rebecca Taylor fashion show, seeing Valentine's Day and having V-Day dinner at Megu and then lunch at Park Ave Winter before I head back to LA Monday!

I always start packing by laying out anything I potentially might want to take with me, then I attempt to narrow it down from there (although I always overpack)!

Plane outfit (layers are a must): J Crew long sleeve shirt, Juicy black velour sweat suit, black pashmina...I'll also wear my coat and boots on the plane to save room.

All my outfits laid out: going out options (top row: Geren Ford dress, Thayer dress, Rory Beca dress, DVF top and 3.1 Phillip Lim top), everyday outfits (Joie shirt, Rag & Bone shirt, Tucker shirt, Rebecca Taylor sweater and Rebecca Taylor top) and the necessities (J Brand black 10 inch jeans, COH legging jeans, Elizabeth and James blazer, J Crew sweater, Kain pocket tank and a J. Crew scarf).

Fashion Week options (all Rebecca Taylor)... going to the Rebecca Taylor fashion show on Sunday! So excited!!!

The shoe options: Christian Louboutin "Rolando" pumps, Ferragamo bow flats and Jimmy Choo for Hunter rain boots

All ready to go to NYC for the weekend and managed to fit it all into carry ons :)

11 comments:

Pauline said...

Great post Nicole! I love seeing how people pack while travelling. I am a serious over packer as well, I can't go anywhere without being charged excess baggage lol. Have a ton of fun in NY and take lots of pics!!

Amber said...

How Iexciting I am sooo jealous!! have a blast!!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca Taylor is my absoulte favorite contemporary designer. Lucky you! How did you score tix to the show? I've heard so many great things about Park Ave Winter, I've seen the decor in pictures and it's beautiful. Enjoy and keep us posted with your purchases!
D

Unknown said...

Can I have your life AND wardrobe please?? So exciting, have fun!

Pamela said...

love this post! I always have a hard time fitting everything into a carry-on! Have fun in NYC! Heard Megu was really good - let us know how you liked it!

tam pham said...

i can't believe you packed all that into carryons!!! have so much fun!

mike said...

Have a great time Nicole! Please post pics of what you wear. Will love to see how you use the J Crew scarf...have been pondering that purchase!

Amanda said...

Have a great time in NYC...it's sounds like a fantastic weekend!! I love all of the clothes that you picked out to bring, and I am jealous that you are going to the Rebecca Taylor show!

Anonymous said...

Oh my how does the RT tunic fit? Must have!! I love your jcrew floral scarf!!

Chloe said...

I *love* Rebecca Taylor! So jealous!

Kat said...

Please, please let me know how the sizing is on the RT white tunic? What size did you get hun? I NEED it!